TRADER JOE’S ITALIAN PASTA SALAD
- 5 cups water
- 8 oz fusilli pasta
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup cucumber, cubed
- ½ cup red onion, sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup Ciliegine mozzarella balls
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup strawberry basil vinaigrette
- In a large pot, bring 5 cups of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt to the boiling water, then add the fusilli pasta. Cook the pasta for about 12 minutes, or until it is al dente.
- Once the pasta is cooked, use a strainer to drain the water from the pot. Press the ‘up’ button to lift and strain the cooked pasta thoroughly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta with all the remaining ingredients: cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, fresh basil, Ciliegine mozzarella balls, sliced black olives, and strawberry basil vinaigrette.
- Stir well to ensure that all the ingredients are combined and coated with the vinaigrette.
- You can serve the pasta salad warm immediately, or if desired, cover the bowl and chill the salad in the refrigerator for up to 12 hours to allow the flavors to meld.
- Enjoy this delightful and refreshing pasta salad as a satisfying meal or a side dish for any occasion!