Trader Joe’s Mediterranean Chicken Rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pack Trader Joe’s shawarma chicken thighs (1.5 lbs)
- 1 cup rice
- 1⅓ cups water
- Trader Joe’s original hummus dip
- Trader Joe’s cauliflower tabbouleh
- Preheat your Superpot using the Sauté-then-Simmer (STS) mode.
- Heat olive oil in the pot until shimmering, then sear the chicken thighs for approximately 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add the rice to the pot and use the SPANISH RICE mode to sauté it in the pan juices for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the water and place the chicken thighs on top of the rice.
- Close the lid and allow the mixture to cook.
- When the cooking cycle is complete, remove the chicken thighs and shred them on a cutting board.
- Serve the hummus and rice in a shallow bowl, topped with the shredded chicken and tabbouleh.