Skip to Main Content
Trader Joe’s Mediterranean Chicken Rice
- 1 pack (1.5 lb) Trader Joe‘s shawarma chicken thighs
- Trader Joe’s original hummus dip
- Trader Joe’s cauliflower tabbouleh
- 1 cup of rice
- 1⅓ cup of water
- Preheat the cooking pot with SAUTÉ function, place the chicken thighs in the pot. Sear both side for 5 minutes. Take out the chicken thighs.
- Add the rice, switch to SPANISH RICE function, sauté the rice with the left over chicken juice for 3 minutes.
- Add water and top with chicken thighs, close the lid and let the cycle cook.
- When the cycle completes, remove and shred the chicken.
- In 4 shallow bowls, top the hummus with shredded chicken, rice and tabbouleh. Serve and enjoy!