Tri-Tip Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- 1 tbsp ground coffee
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp pepper
- 2 lb tri-tip
- 2 cups tomato, diced
- 6 fresh pineapple rings
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 bag corn tortillas
- guacamole (optional)
- Stir the ground coffee, salt, pepper, and brown sugar together in a small bowl. Rub the whole surface of the tri-tip with the seasoning and gently pat into the meat. Place the meat in a storage bag and refrigerate overnight (or at least 6 hours). When ready to grill, place tri-tip on a plate and allow the meat to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the Grillet to 450°F. Grill the pineapple rings for 2 minutes on each side, then dice.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, tomato, onion, and cilantro. Add the lime juice and stir to combine.
- Add the tri-tip to the Grillet, and cook for 5 minutes per side at 450°F. Lower the temperature to 350°F, then cover and cook for 10 minutes per side.
- Transfer the tri-tip to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- While tri-tip is resting, heat corn tortillas on the Grillet at 350°F until warm.
- Slice the tri-tip and add the desired amount of meat to each tortilla. Top with the grilled pineapple salsa and guacamole.