Wild Rice with Turmeric Broth
- 2 medium carrots, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ shallot, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 cups filtered water
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup cooked wild rice
- Sprouts, for garnish
- Cook the wild rice in your Aroma rice cooker using the brown rice setting.
- In the inner pot of your rice cooker, toss the carrot pieces with oil, salt, and pepper. Use the Sauté-then-Simmer® STS function to sauté the carrots until they are brown and soft. Remove them from the pot and set aside.
- In the same inner pot, heat the coconut oil. Add the diced shallot and use the STS function to sauté until it becomes translucent and soft. Add the minced garlic and ginger, and stir until fragrant.
- Add the ground turmeric to the pot and stir to incorporate. Keep stirring until the mixture becomes paste-like. Add more coconut oil if needed.
- Slowly add the filtered water to the pot, along with the sautéed carrots. Stir well.
- Close the lid and let the mixture cook for 10 minutes after it comes to a boil.
- When the cooking cycle is complete, open the lid and add the lemon juice to the soup. Stir to combine.
- Season the broth with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, place cooked wild rice in a bowl. Pour the turmeric carrot soup over the rice.
- Garnish the bowl with sprouts if desired.
- Enjoy your flavorful and nutritious turmeric carrot soup with wild rice!