Wild Rice with Turmeric Broth
- 2 medium carrots, scrubbed + cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp. oil salt and pepper for taste
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- ½ shallot, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled + minced
- 1 ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 cup filtered water
- ½ lemon, juice
- ½ cup cook wild rice
- sprouts, for garnish
- Cook your wild rice in your Aroma rice cooker with brown rice faction.
- In your inner pot toss the carrots with oil, salt + pepper. Use Sauté-then-Simmer® STS to sauté the carrots until brown and soft. Take it out.
- In the same inner pot, heat the coconut oil. Add the shallots, use STS to sauté them until translucent and soft. Add the garlic, ginger, stir this mix until fragrant. Add the turmeric to the pot and stir to incorporate. Keep stirring until the mix seems paste-like(add more coconut oil if necessary).
- Slowly add the water and sauté carrots and stir. When water boiling closes the lid to cook for 10 min.
- When the cycle is done, open the lid, add the lemon juice and stir at the end. Season the broth with salt and pepper.
- Place wild rice in a bowl. Pour the soup in, garnish the bowl with sprouts if you like.