Tuscan Style Salmon
- 8 oz spaghetti, linguini, or fettuccini
- 1 lb fresh salmon, cut into 4 fillets (skin off)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp, garlic powder
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup baby spinach, packed
- In a large pot, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain, and set aside.
- Season the flour with salt, pepper, and garlic powder; mix well.
- Dredge each salmon piece in the flour, being sure to fully coat them.
- Set the cooker for Sauté-then-Simmer® STS. Close the lid and let it heat for 5 minutes. Add the oil and butter then keep the lid open.
- Once the butter has melted, add the salmon. If needed, only cook 2 at a time.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on one side until it has a nice crust. Flip and cook 3-4 minutes on that side as well. Make sure the salmon is not fully cooked yet. Take the salmon out of the inner pot and set aside.
- With the cooker still set for STS, add the vegetable stock, lemon juice, and sun dried tomatoes. Let come to a simmer and bubble for a few minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and let cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add the spinach to the inner pot. Let it wilt for 30 seconds while stirring, the add all of the salmon back in, spooning some of the sauce on top of it.
- Cook a few additional minutes until the salmon is cooked to your liking and the sauce thickens up a bit.
- Serve over pasta with the sauce spooned on top.