Tuscan Style Salmon
- 8 oz spaghetti, linguini, or fettuccini
- 1 lb fresh salmon, cut into 4 fillets (skin off)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup baby spinach, packed
- In a large pot, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, season the flour with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Dredge each salmon fillet in the seasoned flour, making sure to coat them thoroughly.
- Set your cooker to the Sauté-then-Simmer® STS function. Close the lid and let it heat for about 5 minutes. Add the olive oil and butter to the inner pot and keep the lid open.
- Once the butter has melted, add the coated salmon fillets. If needed, cook two fillets at a time to avoid overcrowding.
- Cook the salmon for 3-4 minutes on one side until it forms a nice crust. Flip the fillets and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes on the other side. The salmon should not be fully cooked at this point. Remove the salmon from the inner pot and set aside.
- While using the STS function, add the vegetable stock, lemon juice, and sun-dried tomatoes to the inner pot. Allow the mixture to come to a simmer and let it bubble for a few minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and continue cooking for a couple more minutes.
- Add the packed baby spinach to the inner pot. Let it wilt for about 30 seconds while stirring, then return all of the salmon fillets to the pot, spooning some of the sauce over the top of each fillet.
- Cook for a few additional minutes until the salmon is cooked to your desired level of doneness and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- To serve, place the cooked pasta on plates and spoon the creamy spinach and sun-dried tomato sauce over the pasta. Top with a salmon fillet on each plate.
- Enjoy your delicious creamy salmon pasta dish with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes!