WHITE BEAN & CHICKEN CHILI
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 16-ounce jar salsa verde
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans
- 1 8-ounce can pinto beans
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Preheat your rice cooker using the Sauté-then-Simmer (STS) mode.
- Heat the olive oil until shimmering, then sauté the minced garlic and chopped onion until softened.
- Add the boneless chicken breast, salsa verde, cannellini beans, pinto beans, chicken broth, ground cumin, dried oregano, and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Close the lid of the rice cooker and set it to simmer using the Sauté-then-Simmer (STS) mode. Allow the mixture to simmer and cook until the chicken is fully cooked and tender.
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, carefully remove the chicken breast and shred it using two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the rice cooker.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste, stirring well to incorporate the flavors.
- Serve the delicious chicken and bean stew hot, garnished with thinly sliced jalapeno and avocado.