Wild Rice Mushroom Soup
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup dry wild rice blend
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil and butter in a pan using the Sauté-then-Simmer (STS) function. Once hot, add onion and celery, and cook for about 10 minutes until softened.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and stir to combine. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring only occasionally, until the mushrooms are soft and slightly golden.
- Stir rice and let the rice cook for 1 to 2 minutes to lightly toast the grains. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add broth and 1 cup of water; stir well. Cover the lid, and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Remove the lid and stir in the heavy cream. Gradually add the Parmesan cheese while stirring continuously to avoid clumping.
- Once everything is combined, remove from heat and ladle into bowls to serve.