Wild Rice Pilaf with Italian Sausage
- 2 cups wild rice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 4 Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- Heat the olive oil and butter in the inner pot using the Sauté-then-Simmer® function.
- Once the butter has fully melted, add in the sausage. Gently stir for 5 minutes or until the sausage has browned.
- Add in the onion, bell pepper, and celery and sauté until all ingredients have slightly softened.
- Stir in the wild rice, tomato sauce, chicken stock, smoked paprika, and pepper then close the lid.
- The cooker will automatically switch to Keep Warm once the rice is ready. Serve while hot!