Zucchini & Black Bean Soup
- 4 small zucchini, cut into half circles
- 10 oz pico de gallo salsa
- 10 oz medium spice salsa
- 48 oz chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 1 sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- small pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 oz tomato paste
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- avocado, fresh cilantro, and radish to garnish
- Add the zucchini, salsas, broth, onion, bell pepper, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, cayenne, and tomato paste to the inner pot of the pressure cooker; stir together.
- Lock the lid into place and set the cooker to Soup with PP50. Make sure the steam vent is locked.
- Allow the soup to cook until it reaches pressure, then switch the cooker to Keep Warm. Do a quick pressure release by changing the steam vent to VENTING. Be careful of escaping steam.
- Once the pressure is fully released and the lid safety unlocks, open the lid.
- Add the black beans and corn. Set the cooker for the Sauté-then-Simmer STS® function.
- Once the soup reaches a gentle boil, let it cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Turn off the cooker. Ladle soup into bowls and top with desired garnishes. Enjoy!