Brown Sugar Boba Milk Tea
- 4 teabags (your choice)
- 6 cups of milk
- 65ml of water
- 45g dark brown sugar
- 110g tapioca starch, plus extra for dusting
- 1 cup of water (for syrup)
- 90g dark brown sugar (for syrup)
- Boil the teabags with milk in an electric kettle. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then strain the milk tea into a cup to cool.
- Clean the kettle and add 65ml water and 45g dark brown sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Mix 110g tapioca starch with the boiled sugar water to make dough. Shape small balls from the dough.
- Boil water and cook tapioca balls for 20 minutes. Put them in ice water to firm slightly.
- Boil 1 cup water with 90g dark brown sugar for syrup. Add tapioca balls and simmer for 20 minutes until it thickens.
- To serve, tilt a glass, add tapioca balls, ice cubes, and milk tea.