Candied Cinnamon Pecans
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-3 cups water
- Olive oil spray
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the egg white and vanilla extract until frothy, about 1 minute.
- Add the pecan halves to the bowl and gently fold them in until they are coated with the egg white mixture.
- Add the sugar, brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon to the bowl. Again, gently fold everything together until the pecans are well coated with the sugar and spices.
- Spray the inside of the Aroma multicooker inner pot with olive oil spray.
- Add the coated pecan mixture to the inner pot. Pour in 3 cups of water; do not stir.
- Set the multicooker to the lowest Slow Cook temperature setting and set the timer for 3 hours. If your lowest time setting is longer than 3 hours, use a separate timer to keep track of the cooking time.
- Stir the pecans every half hour, and add more water if needed to maintain a little bit of liquid in the pot. This prevents the cooker from turning off due to lack of liquid.
- When the cooking time is up, turn off the cooker and carefully remove the pecans from the inner pot. Spread them evenly on a cookie sheet to cool.
- Once fully cooled, you can break the candied pecans into smaller pieces if desired.
- Serve and enjoy the delicious candied pecans!