Candied Cinnamon Pecans
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-3 cups water
- olive oil spray
- In a medium sized bowl, add the egg white and vanilla together and whisk until frothy, about 1 minutes.
- Add the pecans and fold in until covered with the egg whites.
- Add in the sugar, brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon and again fold until incorporated.
- Spray the inside of the Aroma muticooker inner pot with the olive oil spray.
- Add in the pecan mixture and 3 cup of water; do not stir.
- Set the cooker for the lowest Slow Cook temperature setting and 3 hours. If your lowest time setting is more than 3 hours, use a separate timer to keep track of how long they have been cooking.
- Stir every half hour, adding more water if needed. You want there to be a little bit of water until the last half hour, otherwise the cooker will turn off if it senses there is no liquid.
- When done, turn the cooker off and scoop out the nuts. Spread them evenly on a cookie sheet to cool.
- When fully cool, break apart into smaller pieces if desired and serve.