Caramel Pear Parfait
- 8 cup whole milk
- 12 oz plain yogurt
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- 2 pears, peeled and sliced
- 1½ tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup premade or store-bought caramel sauce
- 2 cup premade or store-bought vanilla granola
- Add the milk to the inner pot and close the lid. Bring milk to simmer with Sauté-then-Simmer® STS, then turn off the rice cooker.
- Take the inner pot out, and let the milk cool to under 125°F.
- Mix in plain yogurt, put the inner pot back in to rice cooker, and set KEEP WARM for 12 hours.
- When done, stir thoroughly, scoop yogurt out of cooker and set aside in the fridge.
- Wash out the inner pot, dry thoroughly, and return to the cooker.
- Set the cooker for STS. Add the butter and let it melt briefly.
- Once melted, add the apples, pears, and cinnamon to the cooker. Stirring often until the fruit is soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Once done, turn off the cooker, scoop out the fruit to a separate bowl and let cool to room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Once cool, assemble the parfaits by layering (amounts to your liking): yogurt, caramel sauce, granola, pear filling, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Repeat until the bowls, glasses, or jars are full.