Champorado Filipino Chocolate Rice Pudding
- 1 cup sweet rice, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups water
- pinch fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 oz. 75% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- half-and-half for topping
- Combine rice, water, and salt in an inner pot.
- Use white rice function to cook the sweet rice. When the cycle is done, open the lid and stir it.
- Add cocoa powder, chopped chocolate, and brown sugar. Stir to combine. Close the lid, keep warm for 15min until all chocolate melt.
- Enjoy your rice pudding in warm or chilled. Serve with half & half or topping of choice.