Champorado Filipino Chocolate Rice Pudding
- 1 cup sweet rice, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups water
- pinch fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 oz. 75% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- half-and-half for topping
- Combine rice, water, and salt in an inner pot.
- Use the white rice function to cook the sweet rice.
- Once the cycle is done, open the lid and stir.
- Add cocoa powder, chopped chocolate, and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Close the lid and keep warm for 15 minutes until all chocolate melts.