Cinnamon Sugar Soft Pretzels
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
Baking Soda Bath (Optional)
- 9 cups water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- Add all dough ingredients to the bread maker and choose the Leaven Dough function.
- Once the cycle is done, transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface.
- Cut the dough into 12 pieces and shape each into spheres. Cover with a towel and rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll spheres into 20-22 inch ropes, form a U shape, twist the ends, and press into pretzel shapes.
- Optional: Boil pretzels in a baking soda bath (9 cups water + 1/2 cup baking soda) for 30 seconds each.
- Place pretzels on a baking sheet coated with nonstick spray.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and bake pretzels for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tbsp cinnamon in a bowl.
- Dust hot pretzels with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Serve plain or with cream cheese frosting.