Cinnamon Sugar Soft Pretzels
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
Baking Soda Bath (Optional)
- 9 cups water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- Add all dough ingredients into the bread maker and select the Leaven Dough function.
- After the cycle has completed, transfer the dough to a flat and lightly floured work surface.
- Cut the dough into 12 pieces (about 5 inch diameters) then shape each of the pieces into spheres. Cover the dough with a towel or plastic wrap and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll the spheres into 20-22 inch long ropes. Form a U shape with the rope then twist the ends together repeatedly. Bring both of the twisted ends back down towards the center of the U and press down to form a pretzel shape.
- OPTIONAL: In a large sauce pan or pot, heat 9 cups of water and 1/2 cup of baking soda and bring to a boil. Place the pretzels into the baking soda bath one by one, allowing them to soak for 30 seconds each.
- Place the pretzels on a baking sheet lightly coated with nonstick spray.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F then bake the pretzels for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tbsp cinnamon.
- Dust each pretzel with the cinnamon sugar mixture while the pretzels are still hot then serve alone or with a side of cream cheese frosting!