Coconut Crusted Fish Tacos
For the Tacos:
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of cayenne
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 16 taco-sized tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced (for garnish)
- Queso fresco or sour cream (for garnish)
For the Mango Salsa:
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 roma tomato, cored and diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cucumber, peeled and cut into quarters
- Small bunch of cilantro leaves (about 1 cup), chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a shallow dish or plate, combine shredded coconut, panko bread crumbs, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne. Set aside.
- Squeeze lime juice over two tilapia fillets. Dip the fillets into the coconut mixture, ensuring they are well-coated with the crust mixture.
- Place the coated fillets in the nonstick pan of the air fryer. Close the lid and set the cooker to MEDIUM (MED) heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, open the lid and flip over the fish fillets using a spatula. Close the lid and continue cooking on MEDIUM (MED) heat for an additional 7 minutes.
- Remove the cooked fillets from the air fryer and repeat the breading and cooking process for the remaining two fillets.
- While the fish is cooking, prepare the mango salsa. In a bowl, mix together diced mango, tomatoes, red onion, red bell pepper, cucumber, cilantro, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Once the fish and salsa are ready, assemble the tacos. Place a cooked fish fillet on a warmed taco-sized tortilla. Top with mango salsa, diced avocado, and queso fresco or sour cream.
- Serve the tacos immediately and enjoy!