- 1 large egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 ½ cups cake flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup hot water
- Using a hand mixer, beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy. As the butter reaches a soft consistency, mix in sugar.
- Using medium-high speed, beat in the egg and molasses until well mixed.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift together all of the dry ingredients. then mix into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in hot water.
- Pour the batter into the inner pot then select the Cake function on your cooker.
- Once the cycle has completed, place a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, remove the inner pot from the rice cooker and allow the cake to cool.
- Once cooled, serve on its own or top with a frosting of your choice!