Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp flour
- 3-4 roughly 8-oz. glass bowls
- nonstick cooking spray
- Place the butter and chocolate chips in a large bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. Remove and stir with a fork or spatula until well combined.
- Mix in the powdered sugar until smooth, making sure to break up any big clumps.
- Add in the eggs and egg yolk and mix until well combined.
- Mix in the vanilla and flour and again stir until well combined.
- Spray each of the glass bowls with the nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill as many as you can with the batter about two-thirds of the way to the top.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the inner pot of the pressure cooker, then place in the steam rack.
- Place one of the bowls onto the steam rack; close the lid and make sure the pressure valve is set for Sealing.
- Set the cooker to the Cake function.
- Let cook for 10 minutes, then turn the cooker off. Do a quick release by turning the pressure valve to Venting. Be careful of the steam.
- When the lid unlocks, open it and remove the cake carefully using oven mitts. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Repeat cooking the remaining cakes.
- After they’ve cooled about 5-10 minutes each, place the cooked cakes upside down on a plate. Jiggle them a little to release them from the bowls.
- Eat as is or top with ice cream!