One Egg Créme Brûlée
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 6 tbsp sugar, sifted
- ⅓ cup water
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and 3 tablespoons sugar until well blended. Slowly add the cream while stirring constantly. Pour the liquid into three 8 oz. jars.
- Add water to the inner pot of your rice cooker, then place the steam tray on top. Place the jars on the steam tray and cover with the lid.
- Press the switch down to start cooking.
- Once the cooking cycle is done, remove the jars from the inner pot. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the créme brûlée from the refrigerator 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle each jar evenly with the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, shaking occasionally to distribute the sugar around the entire surface. Using a torch, melt the sugar until the tops are crispy and golden.