Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- 1/2 loaf egg-based bread (such as challah or brioche), cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin filling
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- whipped cream (optional)
- Place the bread cubes and the chopped pecans into the inner pot of your rice cooker.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin filling, half and half, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves then pour the mixture over the cubed bread. Stir gently to combine.
- Close the lid and select the Slow Cook. Cook the mixture for about 3 hours or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve the pudding warm and topped with whipped cream if desired.