WATERMELON RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- 3 tbsp salted butter, divided
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 5 cups rice krispies cereal, divided
- Green and red food coloring
- Chocolate chips
- In your rice cooker, melt 1 tbsp of butter and 2 cups of marshmallows using the WHITE RICE mode. Stir continuously until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Switch the setting to KEEP WARM, and stir in two drops of green food coloring to create a vibrant green color.
- Add 2 cups of rice krispies cereal to the mixture and stir well to coat evenly.
- Scoop the green rice krispy mixture into an 8-inch cake pan and allow it to cool slightly. To prevent sticking, lightly spritz your hands with water and press the mixture into an outer ring shape to resemble the watermelon “rind.”
- After cleaning and drying the rice cooker pot, repeat the process with the remaining ingredients, this time using red food coloring to create the red rice krispy mixture.
- Press the red rice krispy mixture into the center of the cake pan on top of the green “rind.” Add a handful of chocolate chips to the red mixture to represent watermelon “seeds.”
- Allow the watermelon rice krispy treat to cool and set. Once it’s firm, carefully cut it into 8 wedges.
- Serve and enjoy your creative and delicious watermelon-themed rice krispy treats!